From: NCF::CDFSUPPORT 2-MAY-1994 17:54:25.55
To: NCF::BILITZA
Cc: CDFSUPPORT

The CDF V2.4 distribution is available via anonymous FTP and NSI/DECnet
for VMS systems, via anonymous FTP only for UNIX systems, and via
anonymous FTP and floppy disks for MS-DOS systems.

For VAX/VMS systems via anonymous FTP:

        ANONYMOUS account on NSSDCA.GSFC.NASA.GOV (128.183.36.23)
        in [.CDF.CDF24-DIST].  The files you need are README.VMS and
        CDF24-DIST.BCK.  Documentation is in [.CDF.CDF24-DIST.DOC].
        It is a PostScript file named CDF24UG.PS (CDF User's Guide).
        If you have trouble printing the PostScript file CDF24UG.PS
        (it's about 400 pages), there are 20-page chunks of the CDF
        User's Guide in the directory [.CDF.CDF24-DIST.DOC.20_PAGES].
        They may be easier to print on some PostScript printers.

For VAX/VMS systems via NSI/DECnet (formerly SPAN):

        Copy the files:
         NSSDCA::ANON_DIR:[CDF.CDF24-DIST]CDF24-DIST.BCK
         NSSDCA::ANON_DIR:[CDF.CDF24-DIST]README.VMS

        Documentation is in:
         NSSDCA::ANON_DIR:[CDF.CDF24-DIST.DOC].  It is a PostScript
         file named CDF24UG.PS (CDF User's Guide).  If you have trouble
         printing the PostScript file CDF24UG.PS (it's about 400 pages),
         there are 20-page chunks of the CDF User's Guide in the directory
         NSSDCA::ANON_DIR:[CDF.CDF24-DIST.DOC.20_PAGES].  They may be
         easier to print on some PostScript printers.

For UNIX systems via anonymous FTP:

        "anonymous" account on ncgl.gsfc.nasa.gov (128.183.10.238) in
        `pub/cdf/cdf24-dist'.  The files you need are `README.unix' and
        `cdf24-dist.tar.Z' (use binary mode to transfer the compressed
        tar file).  Documentation is in `pub/cdf/cdf24-dist/doc'.  It is
        a compressed PostScript file named `cdf24ug.ps.Z' (the CDF User's
        Guide).  If you have trouble printing that PostScript file (it's
        about 400 pages), there are 20-page chunks of the CDF User's Guide
        in the directory `pub/cdf/cdf24-dist/doc/20_pages'.  They may be
        easier to print on some PostScript printers.

For MS-DOS systems via anonymous FTP:

        "anonymous" account on ncgl.gsfc.nasa.gov (128.183.10.238) in
        pub/cdf/cdf24-dist/ms-dos.  The files you need are README.DOS
        and *.EXE (use binary mode to transfer the executables [which
        are self-extracting LHA files]).

For MS-DOS systems via floppy disk:

        Send a request to CDFSUPPORT with your mailing address and the
        type of floppy disk you are able to read.

The `readme' file explains how to build the distribution and print the 
documentation.  The `changes' file explains the new features of CDF V2.4.

We have a user support office (USO) for CDF that you should contact when you
need assistance.  For Email requests send to:

  Internet          -- [email-masked] (128.183.36.23)
  NSI/DECnet (SPAN) -- NSSDCA::CDFSUPPORT

Please let us know (via Email to CDFSUPPORT) if you get the distribution.
We would like to know who has the distribution so we know who to contact
when updates are available.

CDFsupport